- Bewerbungsfrist: 15.12.2020
- Veröffentlicht: 06.11.2020
- Start-date: At the earliest possible date.
- Part-time position (50 %)
- Kennziffer: 00001316
The Department of Gender Studies in STEM is an interdisciplinary research area at the University of Freiburg. Gender Studies in STEM belongs to the Faculty of Technology and to the Institute of Gender Studies. The new position will be assigned to the research focus Gender and Brain and will mainly involve the task of preparing a large research proposal.
- Acquisition of third-party funding
- Preparation of manuscripts for publication
- Networking and building collaborations with other universities in Germany and elsewhere
- Statistical evaluation of existing (psychometric and fMRI) data
- Teaching and administrative duties on a small scale
- Experience in third-party fundraising (concept development, budgeting, etc.)
- Experience in publishing
- Experience with interdisciplinary work in the field of natural science and humanities
- Creative-critical approach to research questions
- Good knowledge of neuroscientific theories and methods and/or good knowledge of theories and methods of gender studies
- Academic degree (Master, Diploma or preferably PhD) in Psychology, Neuroscience, Life Sciences or Gender Studies
- Excellent language competence in English and at least intermediate language competence in German
- Responsible and independent working skills, high motivation
Applicants are requested to enclose the following documents with their application: (1) Letter of motivation (max. 2 pages), (2) CV, (3) List of publications, (4) Names and contact details of two possible referees (5) Certificates.
We are particularly pleased to receive applications from women for the position advertised here.
Please send your application in English including supporting documents mentioned above citing the reference number 00001316, by 15.12.2020 at the latest. Please send your application to the following address in written or electronic form:
University of Freiburg
Department of Computer Science
Prof. Dr. Anelis Kaiser Trujillo
D- 79110 Freiburg
Applicants with disabilities (Schwerbehinderte Menschen) will be given preferential consideration in case of equal qualification.
The department offering the position is liable for the content of this job posting. Textual errors do not constitute a basis for any claims or rights. The relevant human resources department has sole responsibility for all legal transactions made within the context of the selection and hiring process.
Please note that breaches in privacy and unauthorized access by third parties cannot be excluded in communication by unencrypted email.