- Bewerbungsfrist: 07.02.2021
- Veröffentlicht: 12.01.2021
- Start-date: At the earliest possible date.
- Fulltime position
- Kennziffer: 00001387
The position can be taken either as
- Post-doctoral position: 100 % for 2 years and is prolongable to 6 years in total. Teaching duty is 4 Semesterwochenstunden (contact hours per week). Applicants should have completed a PhD in economics, mathematical finance or statistics before starting the contract. Experience in data work and implementation in the software R or MATLAB is highly appreciated.or
- PhD students: 50 % for 2 years and is prolongable to 4 years in total. Teaching duty is 2 Semesterwochenstunden (contact hours per week). Applicants should have completed an above-average Master's degree in economics, mathematics, or statistics. Experience in data work and implementation in the software R or MATLAB is highly appreciated.
Successful candidates are supposed to participate in the teaching program of the department and to collaborate with the research group of Prof. Dr. Eva Lütkebohmert-Holtz. Some topics of particular interest for the department in the next years are: market, credit and liquidity risk, systemic risk and financial stability, model uncertainty, the impact of climate risk on financial markets, etc.
The possibility to present own research results on international conferences is provided.
Good English language skills are indispensable. Knowledge of German is not required but advantageous. Candidates must already be authorized to work in Germany.
Applications including a letter of motivation, CV with education details, list of publications, documentation of teaching experience and relevant certificates are welcome until February 7th, 2021. Post-doctoral candidates should include two letters of reference sent by the referees.
Further information about the Department of Quantitative Finance can be found at https://www.finance.uni-freiburg.de/
JEL Classification: C, G
We are particularly pleased to receive applications from women for the position advertised here.
Please send your application in English including supporting documents mentioned above citing the reference number 00001387, by 07.02.2021 at the latest. Please send your application to the following address in written or electronic form:
Abteilung für Quantitative Finanzmarktforschung
Prof. Dr. Eva Lütkebohmert-Holtz
79098 Freiburg im Breisgau
Applicants with disabilities (Schwerbehinderte Menschen) will be given preferential consideration in case of equal qualification.
The department offering the position is liable for the content of this job posting. Textual errors do not constitute a basis for any claims or rights. The relevant human resources department has sole responsibility for all legal transactions made within the context of the selection and hiring process.
Please note that breaches in privacy and unauthorized access by third parties cannot be excluded in communication by unencrypted email.