- Bewerbungsfrist: 07.02.2021
- Veröffentlicht: 12.01.2021
- Start-date: 01.05.2021
- Fulltime position
- Kennziffer: 00001390
The RTG ConFoBi offers a unique inter- and transdisciplinary programme for a large number of doctoral researchers. ConFoBi combines multi-scale ecological studies on forest biodiversity with economic and social science studies of biodiversity conservation to investigate how conservation of forest biodiversity can be effectively integrated in forest management (for details see www.confobi.uni-freiburg.de).
A DFG-funded coordinator position will be available from 1st May, 2021. Initially, during a transition phase of 8 months, the successful applicant will be supported by his/her predecessor, who will continue on a 20% part-time basis until the end of 2021. During this period, the successful candidate will be offered the choice between an 80% part-time position, or a full-time position. From 1 January 2022, the position will continue full-time. The RTG, including the coordinator position, is limited until 30 June, 2025. The position is available for job sharing. The coordinator will be placed at the Chair of Wildlife Ecology and Management http://www.wildlife.uni-freiburg.de/ and closely cooperate with the RTG’s Spokesperson, the Office Manager, and the whole ConFoBi team.
The ConFoBi Scientific Coordinator is responsible for ensuring a smooth and effective operation of all aspects of the Research and the Qualification Programme of the RTG, and oversees its complete organisation and administration. The tasks include:
- Administrative supervision in cooperation with the ConFoBi Office manager
- Overseeing the logistics of field work on the 135 ConFoBi study plots and acquiring all necessary permits
- Supervision of student assistants and guidance of visiting scientists
- Maintaining a network of stakeholders and practitioners in the sectors of forestry and nature conservation
- Implementation and management of ConFoBi’s qualification programme, including courses, summer schools, and symposia as well as one MSc-module
- Facilitating flow of information among all members of ConFoBi, particularly the group of doctoral researchers, through various formats including a weekly Jour fixe, and round tables
- Research support for, and scientific cooperation among, all ConFoBi members
- Initiating and contributing to joint analyses and publications across ConFoBi projects
- Data management in cooperation with the Chair of Biometry and Environmental System Analysis
- GIS database management in cooperation with the Chair of Remote Sensing and Landscape Information Systems
- Content maintenance of the ConFoBi website, social media and PR activities
For this position, an internationally experienced professional with an excellent scientific interdisciplinary background with an emphasis on forest and biodiversity sciences is required, who is qualified in administration, management of research and higher education. Applicants are expected to hold a PhD degree or equivalent, and may have received additional training as postdoctoral fellows. Strong analytical skills and experience in data management are necessary. Experience working in multinational and transdisciplinary research environments is advantageous. We seek an enthusiastic, self-motivated team-player who works in a structured manner and has excellent communication and organizational skills. The coordinator must be fluent in both English and German.
Applications please including motivation letter, CV, publication list, and contact details of three references.
We are particularly pleased to receive applications from women for the position advertised here.
Please send your application in English including supporting documents mentioned above citing the reference number 00001390, by 07.02.2021 at the latest. Please send your application to the following address in written or electronic form:
Chair of Wildlife Ecology and Management
Tennenbacher Str. 4
(please a single pdf document not larger than 10 MB)
Applicants with disabilities (Schwerbehinderte Menschen) will be given preferential consideration in case of equal qualification.
The department offering the position is liable for the content of this job posting. Textual errors do not constitute a basis for any claims or rights. The relevant human resources department has sole responsibility for all legal transactions made within the context of the selection and hiring process.
Please note that breaches in privacy and unauthorized access by third parties cannot be excluded in communication by unencrypted email.