- Bewerbungsfrist: 31.05.2021
- Veröffentlicht: 06.04.2021
- Start-date: 01.10.2021
- Fulltime position
- Kennziffer: 00001485
During semesters (April to July, October to February):
- teaching of English for academic purposes to German students of English (16 hours per week): idiomatics, grammar, stylistics, pronunciation, translation etc. The ability to teach one course on North American institutions and cultural/regional studies will be an advantage.
- preparation and correcting of language tests and exams
- development of teaching, practice and test materials for students of English
- evaluation of teaching materials/preparation for the semester
- preparation and correction of exams
- native speaker of North American English with long-term experience of living in an English-speaking country
- excellent command of German (B 2 degree level)
- at least MA or other postgraduate degree in English/German and/or Linguistics/Applied Linguistics
- interest in EFL curriculum/materials development
- Full time position with salary in accordance TV-L E13
- Time frame: from October 1, 2021, until August 31, 2023
- 16 hour teaching load with additional duties listed above is taken to represent a working week of 39.5 hours
Information about the Department: http://www.anglistik.uni-freiburg.de
Applications please including CV, certified copies of degrees and diplomas, names, addresses and telephone numbers of 2 academic referees.
We are particularly pleased to receive applications from women for the position advertised here.
Please send your application in English including supporting documents mentioned above citing the reference number 00001485, by 31.05.2021 at the latest. Please send your application to the following address in written or electronic form:
Albert-Ludwigs Universität Freiburg
Englisches Seminar - Geschäftsführung
Dr. Gert Fehlner
Applicants with disabilities (Schwerbehinderte Menschen) will be given preferential consideration in case of equal qualification.
The department offering the position is liable for the content of this job posting. Textual errors do not constitute a basis for any claims or rights. The relevant human resources department has sole responsibility for all legal transactions made within the context of the selection and hiring process.
Please note that breaches in privacy and unauthorized access by third parties cannot be excluded in communication by unencrypted email.