- Application deadline: 10.12.2023
- Publication date: 29.10.2023
- Start-date: At the earliest possible date.
- Fulltime position
- Id no.: 00003383
The Chair of Resilience of Technical Systems researches methods and concepts to make socio-technical systems sustainable, crisis-proof and thus resilient.
In order to successfully apply and implement existing as well as new sustainable technologies and solutions, these must also offer a degree of resilience. Only if the solutions are able to withstand shocks and crises and to recover quickly from them, a successful and ultimately sustainable realization can be guaranteed.
Project description / Your task:
The aim of the project "Potential analysis of satellite-based surface temperature monitoring and in-depth investigation of the application to the topic of urban heat islands" is to build on a basic potential analysis of high-resolution land surface temperature data and to investigate scientifically in greater depth how these data can be used to track structural changes in an urban context with regard to their influence on temperatures in the city, in particular also accumulated in interaction with other data sources. In addition, the planned use of the data should enable comprehensive validation and modification of simulation methods for predicting urban temperature fields.
Scientifically, both a better understanding on the issues of characterizing urban heat island intensity and associated spatial patterns, as well as urban heat island drivers and mechanisms, should be addressed.
- You have a university degree (Master/Diploma) in mathematics, physics, computer science or an engineering discipline and already have some knowledge in the use of earth observation data or in the thermodynamic simulation of urban climate (MUKLIMO, ENVI-met, Palm or similar).
- You are interested in sustainable technically oriented applications and collaboration with urban stakeholders and start-ups in the field of earth observation data.
- You are able to think and work analytically and conceptually in a results-oriented manner.
- With your independent and structured way of working you enrich the interdisciplinary teamwork of our department.
- Business fluent German (B2/C1 level) and very good written and spoken English complete your profile.
We are particularly pleased to receive applications from women for the position advertised here.
Please send your application including supporting documents citing the reference number 00003383, by 10.12.2023 at the latest. Please send your application to the following address in written or electronic form:
Professur Resilienz Technischer Systeme
Solar Info Center, 2.OG
Applicants with disabilities (Schwerbehinderte Menschen) will be given preferential consideration in case of equal qualification.
The department offering the position is liable for the content of this job posting. Textual errors do not constitute a basis for any claims or rights. The relevant human resources department has sole responsibility for all legal transactions made within the context of the selection and hiring process.
Please note that breaches in privacy and unauthorized access by third parties cannot be excluded in communication by unencrypted email.