- Synthetic organic chemistry
- fluorescent dyes and large aromatic systems
- carbohydrates and glycolipids
- Schneider, T. F., Kaschel, J., & Werz, D. B. (2014). A new golden age for donor–acceptor cyclopropanes. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 53(22), 5504-5523.
- Seeberger, P. H., & Werz, D. B. (2007). Synthesis and medical applications of oligosaccharides. Nature, 446(7139), 1046-1051.
- Bleiholder, C., Werz, D. B., Köppel, H., & Gleiter, R. (2006). Theoretical investigations on chalcogen− chalcogen interactions: what makes these nonbonded interactions bonding?. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 128(8), 2666-2674.
What I am looking for in a prospective Rising Star
The Rising Star should find creative pathways in their field of research, and implement their own ideas in the Labs. From the collaboration I expect shared publications and new cooperations. The Rising Star is able to get to know the working group and the environment for possible PhD and PostDoc employment.